It’s good that I had a chance to learn ‘Resilience’ again.
I learned (1) to aware my thinking (2) keep myself away from me and look at me, and (3) build my own toolkit and apply tool(s) when I need. Today’s session tells me that I haven’t created my handy toolkit yet. I probably have collected some tools and use one or two for a while, for instance, I have been putting ‘exercise at least 30 mins every day’ into practice. I have kept writing grateful notes for a while. However to have a collection of useful tools/methods for myself and open my toolkit to choose what I can use will be important for me.
Here are the tools I collected from today’s session.
- Five ways of Wellbeing (Connect, Be active, Take notice, Keep learning and Give). This is a version on the NHS website.
- Be aware of Locus of control (internal and/or external). I remember that one of my old fellow colleagues did some research on ‘information visibility’ which is related to this concept.
- 7/11 breathing. I have been practising Tal’s deep breathing skills when I encounter a red traffic light. Hope this new method will help me even more.
- STOPP technique (Stop, Take a breath, Observe, Pull Back, Practise what works)
- ‘Growth mindset’ theory introduced by Prof. Carol Dweck based on her research on individual intelligence, marking & feedback, and motivate learning.